Education is the basic need and right of any child. Proper education is the only thing that opens a scope of a better and brighter future for the students. But does it matter whether the education is provided by government bodies or the private sector?
Students are introduced to this course to get the latest exposure on MIS. Basically, MNG03218 is a challenging term for Management Information System.
Initially, the education system mainly consisted of government or state-run institutions. These institutions are basically non-profit kinds of organizations. Later came into existence, the educational institutions were run and controlled by private sectors. The popularity of the private sector provided education system was primarily not that high. It is, of course, because of the expenditure of those.
Pros of Private Education
Education Provided by the private sector has many positive influences on the education system and society. Let’s have a look into it –
- Choice and flexibility – Private schools offer many options, especially while choosing subject combinations and similar tasks. Also, there are various kinds of private institutions. You can choose the best at your convenience and keep the needs and necessities in mind.
- Uses varied learning techniques – Most private schools infuse different kinds and types of learning techniques. It helps keep developing interest and love in students towards the learning process and keeps them hooked.
- Enhances student-teacher bond – Usually, these schools have a low teacher-student ratio. It means that each instructor gets better interaction with the students. In return, this helps boost the bond and relationship between them, which gives the scope to students to better explain their problems.
- Focuses on overall growth – The most important thing about these institutions is that they do not believe only in bookish learning. They prefer the overall development of students. Hence, they encourage the pupils to engage in numerous extracurricular activities. They try to organize various events, where the students get a chance to showcase their skills,
- Provides an insight into the future – The private institutions believe in letting students decide their choice of career and life for the future. To ensure this, they often conduct various seminars and career counselling for different age groups to provide the students with knowledge of what might come in future. This, in particular, guides the students to make their decision.
Cons of Private Schools
Every coin has two sides. Similarly, nothing in this world can be only good. Hence, private schools have various advantages and have their own set of disadvantages. The same has been listed below –
- Expenditure – No doubt the annual spending of private schools is way more than that of government or state schools. Apart from these, there are many events where students contribute within their course of study. Altogether the total expenses become huge, which many families cannot afford for their children.
- Entrance tests – The entrance tests are often hard to crack. Even if a candidate passes through the test, there are many prerequisites of such an institution that later on becomes the hurdle in the admission process.
- Capabilities of the teachers –Not all but many private institutions exist that pay less attention to the details of the educational qualifications of their teachers. Unlike the government institutions that ensure their teachers have a relevant degree, private schools are not strict on that front.
Do Private Institutions Really Enhance the Education?
It is a long going debate whether private institutions provide better quality education or not. It has been seen that in many instances, private institution students perform better at places of enormous competition. But that cannot only ensure the quality of education based on this single factor.
The solution to these is that if the private type of education reaches all students overcoming the barrier of social-economic boundaries. Whether directly or indirectly, if they can reach the population of students and provide them with the various facilities they have, the situation will improve.
Summary – Though it is still on the debate that public or private sector, which provides a better education, most people seem to have built their perception already. Due to the various advantages of the instruction supplied by the private sector and the varied features of the same students are undoubtedly getting a lot of benefits. The point is to provide the same for the students going to non-profit public education, either directly or indirectly. It can actually be done with revised regulations and government help. This way, all students, irrespective of their socio-economic background, can avail themselves of the best quality education that, as per notion, only the private sector students are receiving.