QuickBooks is famous accounting software with which no business owner and accountant is unfamiliar. But as much as this software helps people, it also makes them experience frequent errors. Many people report coming across QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding. This error code appears when updating QB to the latest version. You can find it typically while you perform the payroll update process. The error occurs because of a conflict with a different application operating in your system. This application that’s running in the background can consume a lot of bandwidth, which leads to this error. In this article, you’ll find some effective resolutions for this error message.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding
Now that you know why this error occurs, you can proceed to understand its fixes. There are many workarounds to this problem and you can check them here:
Sign-in as a system administrator
To begin with, this fix, ensure that you have exited your QuickBooks Desktop. Now, implement the steps below.
- Right-tap on the icon of QB Desktop and choose ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Next, tap ‘Yes’ when you see the message displaying ‘Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer.’
Verify that TLS 1.0 is checked.
Here you need to ensure that you have checked ‘TLS 1.0’ and unchecked ‘TLS 1.1’ and ‘TLS 1.2’ in the window of ‘Internet Options.’ Go through these steps.
- Exit every QuickBooks window and launch the Internet Explorer browser.
- Tap on ‘Tools’ and choose the icon of Internet Options.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Advanced Settings’ and locate the options of ‘TLS 1.0 and Use 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.’
- Mark the checkbox of ‘Use TLS 1.0.’ Unmark the rest.
- Tap ‘OK’ and exit the window of Internet Options.
- Start your system again for the changes to get implemented. See if there are any available updates after you restart your system. If there are, download them.
Also Check:- 3 Top Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Error 1334
Check that firewall is not blocking QuickBooks.
A firewall can block QuickBooks from accessing the server. To configure it, and fix QuickBook error 15215, follow these points.
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ and tap ‘System Security.’ Then opt for ‘Windows Firewall.’
- After choosing the view to large and small icons, choose ‘Windows Firewall.’
- Select the option of ‘Advanced Settings.’ In the left part of your screen, right-tap ‘Inbound rules.’
- Click the ‘New rule’ option.
- Choose ‘Port’ from the section of ‘Rule type.’
- Tap ‘Specific local ports’ from the first group of the radio button.
- Separate it by a comma, and click ‘Next.’
- Tap ‘Next’ again and select ‘Allow the connection.’
- Select the ‘Network type’ if this rule needs to be applied.
- Ensure that all the options are checked before you click ‘Next.’
- Now repeat these steps for ‘Outbound rules.’
Try the various troubleshooting techniques and see which one gives you the desired result. These measures will prove beneficial whenever you come across the QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding. If you face any problem implementing them, connect with professional QuickBooks support personnel. They’ll help you fix all issues with your QB software so that you can use it effectively again.