We all must already be aware of the importance of backing up our crucial company data. Regularly backing up the company data ensures the safety of it in case of any unforeseen circumstances like data theft, corruption, or accidental deletion. QuickBooks offers different ways to securely backup the company data. The first is the manual backup that you can take anytime whenever you wish and the other is the automatic backup that once scheduled will automatically backup the company data. However, the process does not always go smooth when an unexpected error strikes like “QuickBooks backup failed” error. In this article we will be discussing the same so stick to it until the end and get rid of the issue like a pro.
If your QuickBooks Desktop is not backing up the data from a long time and you need someone to help you resolve the issue, dial 855-856-0042 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now
These Could be the Possible Reasons why your QuickBooks won’t backup
- If the company file that you are trying to backup has got corrupt because of some other program or infection.
- If you are not running QuickBooks with administrative rights then also you can fail backing up the company data.
- Issues in the installation of your QuickBooks Desktop program can also be a reason why QuickBooks backup failed.
After knowing the reasons, this is time to talk about the solutions that will help us resolve the error in the least time possible.
Quick Solutions to Rectify Error Backing up QuickBooks Company Data
Solution 1: Repair the Company File due to which you are unable to Backup the Company Data
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click the File tab to open the list of options.
- Go to the utilities section and click the Verify Data option.
- Once the Verify Data tool finds the damage in the company file, it will show you the option to repair it.
- Click the Rebuild Data option when it appears on your screen and let the tool do its work.
- In a short time, the rebuild data utility will repair the company file after which you can retry to backup the company file.
- If you find that QuickBooks is still not able to backup the company data, jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks with Administrative Privileges and then take the backup
- Close QuickBooks if it is running on your system and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select Run as Administrator option and when prompted enter the login credentials of the admin account.
- Take the backup of the company file to see if running QuickBooks with administrative rights resolves the error.
If both the solutions above fail to resolve “QuickBooks backup failed” error, you will need to repair QuickBooks Desktop using QuickBooks install diagnostic Tool. You can access this tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you need help implementing any of the solutions mentioned in this article. We suggest you reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support team at 855-856-0042 for quick help and troubleshooting assistance.