The payroll feature is one of the services provided by Intuit’s QuickBooks application. It helps the user to manage and pay an employee’s salary. However, the entire functioning of the payroll can be interrupted if an error pops up all of a sudden due to some technical glitch. For instance, QuickBooks error 557 can encounter when you are in the process of updating your payroll tax table immediately after upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop. It definitely hampers your work. As a result, we are here to discuss the error in detail and understand its causes and debugging methods.
If facing challenges while updating the payroll because of the QuickBooks payroll update error, directly have a conversation with one of the certified experts for immediate solutions via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What Causes the Payroll Update Error 557 to Arise?
- The most obvious cause can be that you have not done the reactivation of your payroll service subscription.
- There is also a possibility that you haven’t updated your QuickBooks Desktop after upgrading it.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 30159
Instant Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 557
Have you been struggling to search for some of the effective and quick troubleshooting methods to remove the payroll subscription issue in QB? Look into the solutions we have briefed further-
SOLUTION 1: Re-Validate Your Payroll Subscription
- First of all, you must log in to your ‘Customer Account Management Portal’ account.
- Click on the ‘Manage your QuickBooks’ menu option and choose Payroll Subscription under ‘Products and Services’.
- Below the blue toolbar, the status of the subscription must display ‘Canceled’.
- Hit the ‘Resubscribe’ link and check the ‘Reactivate Subscription’ section.
- You must verify whether all the info is accurate or not.
- After the verification, select ‘Save and Continue’.
- Now, check for the billing and subscription details and hit ‘Reactivate’.
- Once you receive the messages that say the subscription has been reactivated, tap ‘Got it!’.
SOLUTION 2: Check for the New Updates and Install Your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
- Begin with closing the applications running on your desktop.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on the Windows desktop and locate the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the ‘Run as administrator’ option by right-clicking on the QB icon.
- Now, access the No Company Open screen and select the ‘Help’ menu.
- Under the menu, hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Move to the ‘Options’ tab and click on ‘Mark all’.
- ‘Save’ it and then jump to the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Next, to download the available updates, tap ‘Get Updates’.
- Exit and re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop to install the downloaded updates.
As we wind up the article here, we hope the information provided here has helped you resolve the QuickBooks error 557 successfully. Although these troubleshooting methods should work appropriately, you can also contact our technical support team in case the issue does not disappear through 1.800.579.0391.
Reommended to read : QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped