In QuickBooks, the company file is responsible for keeping a record of the entire financial data of an organization, and both the server computer and workstations can access it. In fact, all the computers can run the company file at the same time. This is possible due to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager that lets the user operate the company file with workstations via a multi-user network. However, at times there can be a faulty which results in ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped’ error. The issue will only allow running the company file in single-user mode. In order to get through the problem, have a look at this blog in detail.
To get help with the issue when your QB Database Server Manager does not work, speak to our team of experienced QuickBooks experts through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Why has the QB Database Server Manager Stopped Performing?
If unaware of the causes due to which the problem comes up, read out the following reasons enlisted down-
- You have not set up the QuickBooksDBXX Services accurately.
- One more reason could be the damaged QBDBSM installation folder.
What Should You Do When you Cannot Access QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
To acquire knowledge on how to troubleshoot the error easily, proceed with following the steps mentioned further-
SOLUTION 1: Setup the QuickBooksDBXX Services Configuration Again
- Go to the Windows desktop and press the ‘Windows + R’ keys to open the ‘Run’ command.
- Type ‘services.msc’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- In the QuickBooksDBXX services, tap on the ‘Log On’ tab.
- If you see the QuickBooksDBXX user, remove the checkbox instead checkmark the ‘Local system account’ checkbox in the ‘Log on as’ option.
- Click ‘OK’ and in the end, right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and choose ‘Restart’.
SOLUTION 2: Edit the Installation Folder Name After Uninstalling QBDBSM and then Re-Install QBDBSM
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’, and press enter.
- In the window, choose ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ and then click on ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- To rename the installation folder, go to the folder and open the run command.
- Copy the folder location on the run dialog box and click ‘OK’.
- Hit the ‘Rename’ option by right-clicking on the folder.
- Add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the folder name.
- After it is done, close all the applications that are in use.
- Download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Now, two Install Types will be displayed from where you need to choose ‘Custom or Network Options’.
- Tap ‘Next’ and select the network setup that you want to.
- Click ‘Next’ and choose ‘I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop..’ to install only QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- At last, hit ‘Install’.
The article must surely help you to rectify the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped’ Error! If it does not, there might be some other minor issues. However, the troubleshooting methods we have explained here have helped our several regular users to overcome the problem. In case you find it difficult to fix the error, contact one of our certified professionals at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.