Dubai is a fascinating city where luxury and exoticism surround everything. Neighborhoods with history such as Al Fahidi, one of the oldest in the city, must-see buildings such as Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world or the Burj Al Arab hotel, symbol of Dubai and the only 7-star hotel, enjoy Luxury and shopping in the exclusive Dubai Mall. Taking a unique walk through its impressive desert are just some of the many attractions that the city offers. Get ready to live a unique experience in a fascinating city where culture and tradition mix .
The most famous and visited
Dubai is internationally recognized for its luxurious hotels and its artificial islands, symbols of the city. Such as the Palm Jumeirah or The World, a set of 300 artificial islands that make up the world map. Jeep rides through the desert, visiting the souk or spending a day shopping are some of the most popular activities. Dubai also offers family leisure opportunities with numerous resorts, theme parks and various attractions for children.
Combined with transportation
Spend the day in the desert: This is one of the most requested activities by all tourists traveling to Dubai. So you can take a half-day or full-day excursion to the desert in which you will cross the dunes in 4 × 4 vehicles, you will enjoy a typical meal in a Bedouin camp, you will ride a camel and you will be able to enjoy a wonderful sunset. There are numerous rental companies that will offer you to rent sports cars Dubai or any luxury car for a day or so.
- Dubai Mall Shopping Center: It is the largest shopping center in the world , in addition to numerous luxury stores and leading brands you can find children’s theme parks and numerous attractions for family enjoyment.
- Madinat Jumeirah: It is a hotel complex that recreates an authentic Arab citadel . In this kind of city you will find luxury hotels, a souk, spas, theaters and restaurants.
- Al Fahidi neighborhood : Get to know the oldest and most traditional area ofcity also known as Bastakiya.
- The Observatory: In the Dubai marina, Dubai Marina, you will find the Dubai Marriot Harbor hotel which houses The Observatory restaurant on its 52nd floor. You will enjoy one of the best views of the city in a luxurious and exclusive environment.
- The Gold Souk: The largest gold market in the world . It is a market where everything you can buy is authentic, you will not only be able to buy jewelry but also decorative items adorned with jewels.
- Jumeirah Mosque : It is the only mosque in Dubai that non-Muslim visitors can access . It was built in white stone with a dome framed by two identical minarets. Splendid monument whose visit should not be missed.
- Dubai Aquarium: It is one of the largest in the world and is located on the third floor of the Dubai Mall. It has a 48 meter long tunnel in which you will have an impressive view of aquatic life.
As Dubai is a city with tradition and history and one of the best ways to discover the city is on foot. We propose two itineraries to discover the wonders of the city.
Recommended itineraries for each day
- Jumeirah and beaches: Visit the Jumeirah beach area by visiting the artificial islands area of Palm Jumeirah. Later, after a walk of about an hour heading down Alwas Road and then on Al Safa Street, you will arrive at the Burj Khalifa building (you cannot leave the city without visiting it) where you can rest and spend some time at leisure in the impressive Dubai Mall .
- Start the walking tour of the oldest neighborhood in Dubai, Al Bastakiya. We find two of the most important souks in Dubai, the Spice Souk and the Gold Souk. You can spend the rest of the day visiting the souks and haggling in true emirates style. Checkout: App Development Guide
Dubai Guide: Surprises
A little history
Although there are data that suggest that the area where this city is located today was populated since the Bronze Age, in 3000 BC. The tribe that settled in Dubai, called Bu Flasa, was led by a family: the Maktoum. At the end of the 19th century, this family encouraged trade, making Dubai a well-known place thanks to pearls.