Even if you don’t own a big house, it is still common to come across technical issues related to slow internet connectivity. No matter whether you have performed Linksys range extender setup at your home, if you are bound to face internet-related issues, you will. But, fret not. We can help you get rid of a slow internet. A little coordination is needed from your side too. All you need to do is, follow the tips mentioned in this post.
How to Boost Linksys Extender WiFi Performance?
- Reboot Your Linksys Extender
We humans need a break from time to time, right? In the same way, your Linksys WiFi range extender needs some time off every now and then. Thus, consider rebooting your device every chance that you get. Here’s how:
- Disconnect your Linksys extender from the existing router.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your Linksys extender into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Do not forget to reconnect your extender to your home router.
Note: It is recommended that you do the same with your Linksys WiFi router if needed.
- Relocate Your WiFi Range Extender
The WiFi signals of your Linksys range extender can get blocked if it is placed near transmitting appliances, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and electronic devices.
Therefore, change the location of your Linksys extender and make sure that it is placed away cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminum studs, etc.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Linksys wireless range extender is another way through which you boost its WiFi performance. Here is how you can perform Linksys firmware update to the latest version:
- Plug your Linksys wireless range extender into wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the LED become green.
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to Linksys extender and another to the router.
- Switch on your computer. Don’t have one? Use a laptop instead. It will do the same job.
- Launch a web browser. Make sure that it is running on an updated version.
- In the URL bar, enter the default web address of your Linksys extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Linksys extender login page.
- When prompted, input the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Maintenance.
- Select Firmware Update.
In a few seconds of your Linksys WiFi range extender will get updated to the latest version.
Note: If you want to update the firmware of your router, access the Linksys router login, and follow the above-mentioned instructions.
- Disconnect Extra WiFi Devices
If multiple devices are connected to the network of your Linksys wireless range extender, that can also degrade the performance of your device. Thus, disconnect all the extra devices connected to your extender’s network.
Apart from that, also ensure that the security of your device is well protected by changing its default password. This way, no hacker or unauthorized user will be able to access your WiFi device without your consent.
- Get Your Extender Replaced
If none of the aforementioned tips helped you in boosting the performance of your Linksys wireless range extender, then it means there is something wrong with your device itself.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you get the extender you are currently replaced with a new one.
These were all the ways through which you can boost the performance of your Linksys wireless range extender. In case you are aware of any other through which the performance of the extender can be enhanced, do share it with your fellow readers via the comment section.